7/22/2005

Glengarry Glen Ross

This seems to be spend the day with dad week. Tomorrow I'm off to see Glengarry Glen Ross (my suggestion) since I loved the movie and usually like Mamet.

My father - didn't really want to see this - said there was too much cursing (delicate WWII veteran that he is) - but I told him to turn down his hearing aid if it bothered him (sarcastic son that I am).

Spent a fair part of the afternoon with Matt scanning negatives. At some point I'm going to put a gallery up on my site for his work and see if we can sell any of his prints since I think he's a great photographer and I am convinced that my 4800 prints - the couple I've done so far meet with his approval - are very good. I still need to do some experimenting in terms of what's the best size.

I don't like those "we serve all" photographers sites that I've seen but I have an idea about offering "prints on demand" - but no more than 3 or 4 photographers - and only related to New York - after all they need to be able to get here to sign their prints, and I just want to deal with photographers where everything works on a handshake and mutual respect (what business concept).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

now, that would be something - a collaborative effort to get
some talented contemporary NYC (street) photographers
together - I have been thinking about this for a while too.