8/10/2005

Notes Found

Sort of exciting (only to me). I had been keeping notes in a hardcover journal about various developing times / temps / combinations. I've been hunting for it since I went back to film and finally found it this morning.

This morning I went out and shot two more rolls of HP5 - this time in various lighting conditions from bright sunlight with shadows, to pure shadow.

Now I've got one more decision - which freakin' wider angle lens (about 28mm) to get from Voigtlander. I think there are MTF charts on the Cosina site (Japanese only). I'll try and find them later.

Almost got into a little scrape with the new pizza guy when I took a shot of his store... Oh my God - what do they think I'm after? I walked in and spoke with him for about five minutes - explaining that I was interested in the reflection in the window... No dice. No smile. Totally grim faced was he.

I finally noticed the Yankee cap on his head.

Are you a Yankee fan?

He takes off his hat and looks at it. No smile. Just suspicion.

-Why you ask that?

Yes sir. I'm working undercover for the Mets. My real mission: photograph Yankee fans and turn the photographs over to the Committee on Baseball Hats.

So with no progress made - I walked out and continued on my merry way. I think I should have some cards made: The holder of this card has been authorized to photograph anybody at anytime. Signed, The Global Photography Committee. Dave Beckerman is further authorized to use either film or digital as he sees fit. He is an officer, grade 7.04 - in the GPC.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Damn...should've shown him your Artistic License. I almost never leave home without mine...

Anonymous said...

Ah yes, the joys of street photography...Got yelled at yesterday in Harlem for taking a picture of a torn & dirty flag. "I'm a Vietnam vet" he said as if that made him owner of the disheveled flag. I decided not to bring up what a lousy war he fought in, and I made some sort of feeble apology, even though I was just photographing the flag, not burning it...

Anonymous said...

See if you can find the Minolta 28mm that they made for the CL. Its very sharp.

Anonymous said...

matt - though he made a misguided comment regarding his veteran status - yours is more ignorant and disrespectful to someone who has sacrificed more than I'm willing to bet you ever have.

Dave Beckerman said...

You know what - I'm going to disable anonymous comments. Log in and if you want to use a screen handle rather than your actual name - that's okay. But It is ludicrous to have an online conversation when you don't know anything about who you're talking to.

And I don't care what you say so long as you do more than "name calling."