10/09/2005

Central Park in Rain

bridle path central park
Woman through Railing


bridle path central park
Jogger, Bridle Path - Central Park

As soon as I get some other prints done for orders, I can't wait to take a crack at printing these two - large. I want to try the jogger shot at 16 x 20. The detail from the lens is wonderful. You can easily read the tee-shirt: St. Bonaventure and see that his mouth is open for air.

I just did Birch Trees for an order redoing it with the SharpKit tool. There's stuff in there that I never saw before. Almost every tree has carvings on it.


bridle path central park
Cobblestones in Park

2 comments:

Dave Beckerman said...

Oh. I only have the two lenses, the 50mm f2.0 and the Voigtlander 28mm f1.9

The runner and everything else I shot in the park was with the 50mm summicron.

At the rate I'm going I'll be walking around with just the one lens - which is weird because when I got back into photography in my 40's - after a long absence - I just used the Canonet for about a year although I had money to buy anything I wanted back then.

Anyway - I always liked the 50mm with the rangefinder and I guess I'm back to my old ways again.

I just printed the new cobblestones at 12 x 18 - just to see how it holds up... and it does. I know some people will say it's grainy at that size but I don't seem to care about grain anymore so long as there is an overall feeling of sharpness.

Dave Beckerman said...

Roy - good to know because although I've fooled around with the Creative Sharpening stuff for film (wonderful control) - I still sell prints from digital images and I'm always looking for a way to make them more "film" - looking.

I can tell you that the Photokit workflow for either digital or film input is wonderful. Very natural sharpening without halos or artifacts etc.

I don't always use it on the images for the web though - some of this is just a quick unsharp mask.