1/08/2006

Man on Crutches


I'm beginning to put together my other gallery which I'm going to call, The Forgotten. No, maybe not The Forgotten, maybe The Unwanted. No, maybe not The Unwanted, maybe The Unsellable. The shots that just give you no hope. No feeling of wanting to get up in the morning. Shots that may be good to view after you've made it and don't feel to close to our own vulnerability. Not struck down by terrorists - but hit by the nature of being human. This particular shot is part of my ongoing project to save some of my old Delta 400 negatives which are just about all purple now.

5 comments:

Dave Beckerman said...

That may be true - but the problem is:

a) I don't have a "sunny window ledge" and b) I only have about five "keepers" that I'm interested in. Also - the idea of having them "bleached" by the sun, though it may work - I refuse to do it on grounds of - well - just some grounds.

Oh, and for the record, not just purple, but a couple of the early delta negs. have this weird blob-like tan area that grows a little bigger every year. Fortunate that I didn't care for that film much and I don't think I shot more than 20 rolls with it.

Dave Beckerman said...

Michael - yes. I am convinced that whatever our religion, ideas about life, humor or lack of it, goodness or badness, we are traveling towards the same fate which is to be re-incorporated into the universe. I don't believe in reincarnation - but I believe that energy doesn't die - it just gets melded into something else - over and over again. Sort of an idiotic system if you want my opinion.

emory said...

great shot dave!

the purple? If you fixed them longer will it go away?

Dave Beckerman said...

Craig: Day 8 is fine, except that I don't expect to sleep through the night anymore, at least not until the end of week two.

Bill: the old Delta 400 - you could fix them 'til the cows came home; they looked okay at the time but turned purple years later. I never shoot with the stuff anymore.

Everyone else: "Vices, we don't need no stinkin' vices."

Dave Beckerman said...

"going more purple with time..." This was a defect in *the early verion* of Delta 400 and did not appear immediately.