5/14/2006

Good Bye Old Cart

I fell asleep thinking about the whole cart aspect and decided: what the hell I'm going to switch to paypal payments. Too many problems with my own cart, with the merchant account (they take a monthly fee whether I sell anything or not for an idiotic report that I usually rip up and toss in the garbage). Their transaction fees aren't low either.

I don't want to pay another $300 or so bucks for the SSL certificate. Plus it pissed me off that Thwarte didn't notify me the thing was going to expire.

Plus - this way I don't have any part of the site that relies on ASP.

But the clincher was: if Paypal does "go down" - I won't be the only one complaining. I should have the Paypal cart in place by end of day.

Well - good bye old cart. You were nothing but headaches.

1 comment:

Dave Beckerman said...

Jeff:

Yup. I think it's the way to go. It's live now. Some more tweaking and I'll be done.

My own cart has always been problematic - and I'm happy to give it the heave ho.

It also means that my site is 100% HTML, doesn't use (as I was) SQL Server DB and is easy to port to any other ISP.