8/25/2005

More Film

Hooked up the 2nd 250 GB One Touch via firewire without any problems and did a load of copying to it.

::

Last night, I took what may be one of my best shots ever. But it is at the beginning of a roll of film. I was so tempted to just put that roll with four shots into the soup... but won't. That is the major difference between film and digital - and it may be a good thing as you are sort of in the lottery - waiting to see if you won or not. And you have all that time to dream about what you'll do if you do hold the winning ticket.

I won't say what the shot is - because that would surely jinx it, but for walking around stuff at night - real potential if I didn't screw it up. The reason I went out was just testing my theory that the R2A was really easier to focus than the R3A, which is now sitting in it's box waiting to return to the great recycle bin of B&H Photo.

1 comment:

SteveR said...

Nah, don't do it, Roy!

One of the really great things about a DSLR, in my opinion, is the exposure histogram. Not making use of it would be like not making use of an exposure meter.