9/05/2005

Man With Monkey

dave beckerman photography
One of the things about NYC that you often hear from actors, writers, etc. is that there is an energy here that gets you going. I think that's true. How many times I've walked out of the house with the camera - not really feeling like doing anything but getting to where I'm going - and you just see things that amaze you.

Maybe it's like that in other cities. I don't know. But I'm not sure I could shoot well anywhere else.

(Man with Monkey, 1995)

1 comment:

hrtl media said...

they got it right about the energy -
I feel the same way... We just spent
a few days in Chicago, it's a nice city -
but it's very hard to come up with
something decent (photographically)
in a short amount of time. The pace is
way slooower than in NYC.

We returned after 3 years for the first
time and all our favorite spots (Wicker
Park area) were cleanded out - it's
amazing how a city can change so much
in such a short amount of time...