8/30/2005

Blue Eyes

dave beckerman photography
M3 / 50mm.
I did the usual "take shots of things with small letters" to test the new lens (it is perfect) and then I was walking around with the M3 and a guy stopped me to say he hadn't seen one of those old Leicas in a long time. While he and I were talking, the homeless guy that wanders around our block and sometimes sleeps in the lobby approached for money. He has startling blue eyes.

The guy I was talking with had his wallet out because he was giving me his business card. So it is his dollar this guy is holding. Just as he was handing the dollar - I whipped the camera around, focused and snapped as he looked up from the dollar to me.

2 comments:

Matt Weber said...

He gets around town...he buys his booze on my block and wanders up and down Broadway on a regular basis...Small world sometimes

Dave Beckerman said...

Jeff - Yep. I noticed it. Was just curious whether anyone else would.

Not at 800 yet. Still shooting 400. 800 is actually a bit much for me with daylight shooting - i.e. I like to shoot around f5.6 / f8 when I can.

I think I'm going to go for the Diafine 1600 tri-x look for handheld night stuff; subway etc.